CURCUTINT is an innovative complete clear, water soluble curcumin liquid, natural food colorant which gives different yellow hues.
Natural food colours are dyes or pigments extracted from natural sources such as fruits, vegetables and plants.
CURCUTINT replaces harmful synthetic dyes F D&C Yellow No.5 (Tatrazine) and D&C Yellow No.10 (Quinoline Yellow).
Form: Liquid (water based, Free of organic solvents)
FREE OF: Nano Form, liposomal form, dispersion form and organic solvents
Advantages of CURCUTINT (Natural Food Colour) over synthetic colors:
- Being natural food color, more eco-friendly than the synthetic colors.
- Derived from natural source (Turmeric Rhizome) unlike it’s counter parts synthetic colors.
- Free from carcinogenic components.
- Completely safe, does not cause harm or health problems when ingested. Most of the synthetic dyes cause hyperactivity, allergic reactions and cancer (carcinogenic). Safety of curcumin is well established, it is declared as Generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by an American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and declared as Food Additive (E100) by European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
- Not harmful to the environment. Biodegradable and disposing don’t cause pollution.
- Active ingredient (Curcumin, Turmeric rhizome extract) is potent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory which imparts complementary health benefits.
The active ingredient (Curcumin, Turmeric Extract) is an exempt colour additive (21 CFR part 73) that is derived from natural source, and is therefore exempt from the FDA certification process. CURCUTINT portfolio of different yellow hues conform to the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and meets the regulatory requirements for use as a food colour in most countries.
- It is soluble in water, so it can be used as natural food colorant in aqueous based foods (Snacks, Noodles, Chips, Ice creams, Cakes, Jams, Jellies, and Candies etc.), beverages, confections and nutritional products.
- It can be used in Cosmetic Products (creams, gels, lipsticks etc)
- It can be used as colorant in coatings of pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical Products (Tablets etc.)
- Depends on pH of the formulation/Product, it gives light yellow (Pineapple Yellow) to dark yellow to near orange shades (Mango Shade)
Possible few shades for illustration purpose: